e-Governance Property Tax:
Property Tax is the principal source of revenue in urban local bodies in virtually every part of the world. In most cities in India the property tax base has been considerably eroded by administrative and procedural inadequacies. A significant number of properties are not included in the tax base; those that are included are inaccurately assessed and collection is inefficient.
Salient Features of e-Governance Property
- Property Database & Management
- Citizen friendly, pay anywhere system
- Supports Property Registration/ Transfer/ Bifurcations/ Amalgamation
- Integration with e-Governance Financials Municipal accounting system
- Integration with GIS system – eGovern GIS
- Offers online payment by credit card
- MIS Reports at City, Ward, Street levels
- Can handle Office, Bank and Field payments
- Monitors and reports Tax Inspector performance
- Improves tax compliance and hence the total collection
e-Governance Financials is a key component of the Financial Management System which automates the end-to-end financial operations of a urban local body by providing an integrated system that manages budgeting, asset management in addition to the daily accounting and reporting. This system is specifically built for Municipal Accounting and its particular needs, based on the NMAM (National Municipal Accounting Manual) published by Comptroller Auditor General (CAG) and Ministry of Urban Development, Govt.of India.
Salient Features of e-Governance Financials
- Specifically designed for Municipal Accounting.
- Compliant with C&AG/UDD (GOI) accounting guidelines embodied in the National Municipal Accounting Manual (NMAM)
- Supports double-entry accounting
- Supports Fund-based accounting with all accounting and statutory reports by Fund
- Transactions configured for ease of use by ULB personne
- Bottom-up budgeting (including supplementary budgets) with budgetary controls
- Security with role-based access control and approval workflows
- The following reports which can be generated by the user on demand:
-Statutory reports: Balance Sheet, Income/Expenditure with Schedules, Receipts & Payments
-Accounting Reports: Day Book, Journal Book, Cash Book, Bank Book, Trial Balance
-MIS Reports: Budget Variance Reports, Works Details (Contractor-wise bill and payment details), Party- wise deduction
e-Governance Assets is a comprehensive Asset Management System that aims to improve the asset visibility, tracking and control for a government body’s asset base. E-Governance Assets allows the government to manage its entire asset base in a single system and automates many standard transactions through the asset lifecycle. This can reduce the costs while improving the accuracy of the fixed-asset transactions, ultimately leading to a more accurate representation of the government’s assets.
Salient Features of E-Governance Assets
- Flexible definition of asset categories, with attributes like depreciation rates, account codes like the depreciation expense and revaluation reserve codes.
- Rich set of attributes for defining assets, including asset type, asset location and physical attributes. Plans to integrate eGov Assets with eGov GIS which would enable the administrators and citizens visualize the geographical distribution of the assets. In future, this could provide a valuable input to urban planners.
- Creation and capitalization of assets on completion of Work Orders.
- Asset Revaluation with automatic adjustments to the Asset book value, which would automatically reflect in the Balance Sheet
- Automatic depreciation of the assets based on pre-defined rules, followed by the automatic reflection of the depreciation in the Income/Expenditure statement
- Asset disposal, either from a sale or a write-off, followed by the automatic reflection of the transaction in the financial books (including the profit/loss incurred from the disposal)
- Creation of the Asset Register – with a summary of the entire set of operations performed on each asset throughout the lifecycle
The registration and certification of Births and Deaths constitutes an important function of the city corporation, as well as the country at large. Our current registration systems leave much to be desired in the quality of data collected and the coverage obtained. India, in general, collects very poor data on the Cause of Death, which could be vitally important in medical research and other health and socio-economic studies. Although the Birth and Death Registration Act 1969 states that a first copy of the Birth Certificate is to be issued free of cost it is rarely implemented. The process of Birth/Death registration is still cumbersome and can be streamlined with use of IT technologies.
Salient Features of e-Governance Birth/Death
- Easy Birth and Death Registration & Certification
- Online or offline registration through hospital or registered doctor
- Automated computer-generated Registration IDs will be issued for each registration
- Reports of Birth, Death, and Still Born registered and certificates can be generated.
- National and state registrars office can access local databases of new births/deaths, to analyze adjustments to population.
- Rich set of Reports on births, cause of death, still borns, parents literacy/education and other demographic.
e- Governance City Website
The e-Governance City Website product provides a functional website for each city. This website not contains static content about the city, the council of corporators and the city administrators but also provides actual transaction support for the checking and payment of property taxes. The checking and ordering of Certificate of Birth/Death. The registration of grievances, downloading of various forms, the checking of the Ward Works projects. The website will also provide easy to use pie-charts and reports for tracking Financials, Grievance, Property Tax revenue or the Ward Works projects
e- Governance GIS (Geographic Information Systems)
GIS Geographic Information Systems are computer systems used for capturing, storing and analyzing Geographic data. Since a citys administration and planning are closely tied to its geography, GIS systems are a great tool for efficiently governing a city. As such, the eGovernments Foundation works to integrate all its application modules (such as the eGov Property and eGov Works) with a GIS system. eGov GIS is a GIS product that compliments the eGov applications on Property Tax and Ward Works.